How to become a resident in the UAE?
Free Lifetime Visa
Hassle-free business setup
Bank account assistance
Who can live or reside in the UAE?
Foreigners can live as residents in the UAE if they are:
- employed by a company in the UAE – in this case, the company will apply and sponsor your residence visa while you are in the UAE.
- employed by the government sector – in this case, the government entity will apply and sponsor your visa while you are in the UAE.
- investors in a business in the UAE – in this case, the investor himself will process and apply for his visa under the sponsorship of his company’s registered name.
- buy a property in the UAE – in this case, the property owner’s residence visa will be sponsored under the property he owns.
- dependents that are sponsored by:
- someone who is employed in the UAE
- an investor/business owner in the UAE
- a property owner in the UAE.
Dependents include children, parents, maids, and close relatives.
- university students sponsored by their universities in the UAE – in this case, the university will apply and sponsor your visa under the educational institution’s name.
- retired residents – in this case, special conditions apply.
Note that a residence visa is issued to a foreigner when he/she is already inside the country after entering the UAE via an entry permit, short or long-term tourist or visit visa.
Conditions for getting a residence visa
Validity of a residence visa
The validity of a stay on a residence visa varies according to its type and the sponsor. It can be for 1, 2, or 3 years, or up to 5 or 10 years without a sponsor.
According to recent changes, a residence visa can also be issued for 5 and 10 years subject to certain conditions. Learn about long-term residence visas and 5-year retirement visas in the UAE.
Learn also about 5-year retirement vvisasin Dubai and long-term golden visas in Abu Dhabi (Thrive in Abu Dhabi Programme).
Benefits of having a UAE residence visa
Being a legitimate resident in the UAE will entitle you to:
open a bank account
access financial facilities
apply for a driving license work and invest
access government health services and health insurance
register his/her children in government schools and private schools
travel visa-free to certain destinations (check with foreign embassies in the UAE).
Need more information? Contact us
OUR TEAM OF PROFESSIONAL CONSULTANTS CAN HELP AND ADVISE YOU REGARDING THE PROCESS OF SETTING UP A NEW BUSINESS IN THE UAE.